May 9, 2014

4th & 5th Grade - April 13, 2014

April 13, 2014
Dear Families,

Have you ever studied your Family Tree or looked up the meaning of your name? Those are two of the things we discussed at Kids Zone today. We looked back to our parents, grandparents, great grandparents and further back to the first parents, Adam and Eve, and discussed who named us. Then we asked who were God's parents and who named Him? As we studied the book of Exodus chapter 3 verses 14-16 we discovered that God had no beginning, He was not created and no one gave Him His name. As a result when the Children of Israel wanted to know His name, God said, "I AM WHO I AM." It means that God has always existed.  This is a concept that must be accepted by faith though it is not without evidence.

Your children reviewed the 7 I AM statements in the New Testament -- we studied these in the Gospel of John. Try taking one of these each day to discuss with your students. See how many of them they can remember.
(I Am the Bread of Life, I AM the Good Shepherd, I AM the Door, I AM the Resurrection and the Life, I AM the Way the Truth and the Life, I AM the True Vine, I AM the Light of the World)

The time you spend with your children studying God's word will produce much fruit. Thank you for your diligence.
Teachers Nancy and Severn